What is the best way to leave my child in the mornings?

Before you start your child at Next Generation, please take time with your child to visit the centre, it will be much easier to leave your child if you both know the teachers and the centre routines.
Decide on a goodbye routine and follow this through quietly and then leave for work.
If your child is upset, leave them with a teacher and then phone when you get to work.
Telephone during the day if you are still concerned, but be reassured teachers would contact you if you child was unhappy, we all want the best for your child.

What if my child is unwell during the day?

The teaching staff will contact you if they are concerned about your child during the day. Together you can decide the best action plan for your child.

What happens if I am late to pick up my child?

If the teachers have not received a phone call from you and are unable to contact you, they will contact the emergency numbers on the enrollment form.

Can I take my child’s profile book home?

Yes please do, these books are to share with your child’s family. They are a connection between home and the centre.

How are the Work and Income Subsidies paid?

They are paid direct to the centre and parents are responsible for paying the amount outstanding between the subsidy and the fees. It is the responsibility of the parent to ensure the subsidy does not expire. However we will endeavor to remind you.

Why do you need a copy of my immunization form?

This is a requirement of the Ministry of Health. If there is an epidemic of any kind such as measles, it is important to know who is immunized and who isn’t.

What are the qualifications for early childhood teachers?

A Diploma of Teaching ECE usually takes three years of part time study at a NZQA recognized college while working at least sixteen hours a week in a childcare centre.
A Bachelor of Teaching ECE takes three years of full time study at tertiary institute or university. Teacher must also be registered with the New Zealand Teachers Council.
By 2007 half of all teachers in early childhood centres must be registered and by 2012 all staff must be qualified and registered to work in early childhood.

My child has allergies?

The centre requires a written action plan for children with known allergies. Please discuss this thoroughly with the teachers.